Thursday, October 22, 2015

Day 22 of 31 Days of Halloween

Woosh!  Running out of time.  I had some ideas I wanted to be sure to make for this bloghopping extravaganza - but it's day 22 and I keep making ATCs or cards… my ideas are MeltIng…

Sharp Owl

This another image that is a family favorite around here.  I collect owl stamps and I do love this guy!  I even made a quilt based off the Sharp Owl image for my daughter.. but today it's he's a stamp, kinda dressed in Halloween colors, on a card.
Usually I go yellow with the eyes, but I was feelin' green.

First I did some background stamping with the numbers, and newsprint in orange, as well as the hinge in purple.  Misted it then let it dry.  Then I stamped and embossed the sharp owl and colored his eyes and did a little color highlighting.  I went around the edges with purple gelatos (YES I LOVE THEM VERY MUCH!) and smudged it up. I made a card and then layered a piece of black tulle on top and stapled that bad boy right onto the card.

He was supposed to have a little witch hat on.  I stamped it up and glittered it, but it just didn't seem to fit on those owl-brows.  So the colors will have to make it Halloweenish for now.  Thanks again for visiting my 31 days blogging craziness! 

11 comments:

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

I know your daughter loves this one. I love the yellow with the purple. I love owls but I collect penguins lol

valscraftings said...

Love the owl and background colours are fab!

Sari / Granne said...

Hmmm, I just can't get to my gelatos, love how you have used yours. Staple's are great detail and love the image

Carol said...

Only 9 days to go !! Another great ATC - shame about his hat but I love the bushy brows xx

DonnaMundinger said...

The colors certainly qualify for Halloween. In fact, owls and Halloween seem to go together in general. Love how you've layered the stamps and so cool how you added the tulle and then stapled. Fabulous! xxD

Mary Holshouser said...

Love this.
The owl looks great with his green eyes.
I'd love to have this for a decoration at my house.
thanks for sharing.

Susan Renshaw said...

Fabulous owl! Love the background! Only 9 days to go!! See you tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Love your card--the owl image is great and the staples are a perfect touch! I would never have thought of that, but now I'm gonna have to try it!

Squiddy said...

Quite the learned gent

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

He is very dashing, fab ATC!

Lyneen said...

What an amazing OWL stamp... love the colors of the background!!! AWESOME EYES!!! Well you have a witchy hat for your card tomorrow!!! Thanks for sharing!!!