Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Let the advent begin!

Well, my father and I both made our deadlines.  He made the tree, and I got the fabric bins done.  Although I still have to do something about the numbers - so if December 1st is tomorrow, the tree is basically ready - oh wait, it IS tomorrow!   It's not like I've never stayed up late craftin' it out.  So, here is the ALMOST finished Advent Calendar.
One of my goals with this project was to use up some of the cute Christmas fabric I've been holding on to.  It's going to be fun taking this bad boy out every Holiday, and I know my kids will have fun remembering all the fabrics I used - er I mean the goodies they got each morning.
My father claims every cubby space is the same size...

Now it's time to get creative filling the bins!


Ok ok, so I have a few more finishing touches, but I am very excited about this tradition.  My sisters and I had an "advent fairy" stirring up excitement every December, and it's something we'll never forget.

4 comments:

Jingle said...

This is SO cute!

android-oz said...

very nice

utm said...

Wow, that looks great! What did you end up filling the bins with?

P.S. I realized the link I sent you about the rubber heart stamp from 100ProofPress might not have worked earlier, but it's there now. :)

Zemphira ~ Scatter Art. said...

Assorted goodies. Next year I'll be able to do a better job and plan for the size! One of my favorite things I made for the bins is an ornament that was inspired by their Halloween costumes. They really love that too. I'd like to say I'd do that every year, but I know myself better than that!