Saturday, November 27, 2010

Now they are gift card holders and ornaments...

Sometimes you start out thinking you're creating one thing, but then another idea comes along.  These are my little house ornaments that double as gift card holders, but they were supposed to be part of an Advent calendar.
The snowmen houses.  
Well, back in July I had some great ideas for Advent calendars.  I kept telling myself I would make at least three to list in my shop.  It didn't happen.  I made 20 of these cute houses and I couldn't quite make myself finish the job.  So, I decided to list them in my shop as gift card holders.  Maybe next year I'll start working on the holiday items in July.  Maybe...
It would have been a really cute Advent calendar.
But now, they are gift card holders/ornaments.

2 comments:

Gina Lee Kim said...

Oh Sara, I love these! Sew cute!
BTW, I just hopped on over to your etsy store. As always, your work is wonderful. Can't wait to see more craft-room organizers with double pockets.
Warmest, happiest of holidays...
~gina

Maybeads said...

These are wonderful! I love how they serve two purposes - perfect!